For cPanel & WHM 11.44
(Home >> Service Configuration >> Exim Configuration Manager)
The features in the Exim Configuration Manager interface allow you to modify your Exim configuration. Exim is a mail transfer agent that cPanel & WHM includes. Mail transfer agents send and receive email messages for your server.
The Basic Editor tab allows you to modify the options in your Exim configuration.
For detailed information about each option in the Basic Editor tab, read our Exim Configuration Manager - Basic Editor documentation.
The Advanced Editor tab allows you to modify Exim's default configuration. Exim conserves any configuration changes that you make with this editor across Exim updates and reinstallation.
For information about how to configure these directives, read Exim's configuration syntax documentation.
This feature is intended for advanced users. Changes that you make to the default configuration can significantly impact Exim's performance, and may render Exim non-functional. Exercise extreme caution when you use this feature.
Any edits that you make directly to the
/etc/exim.conf file will only work temporarily, because an update to Exim will overwrite your changes.
The Backup tab allows you to create a backup of your Exim configuration, which you can either download to your computer or save on the server.
To create a backup, perform the following steps:
- Select one of the following options:
- Download — Save the backup to a local drive on your computer.
- Save on Server — Save the backup to the server.
- Click Run Backup.
You cannot delete backups.
The Restore tab allows you to restore an existing backup of an Exim configuration.
To restore an Exim configuration backup that you saved to a local drive, perform the following steps:
- Click Choose File to select the backup file (the default save format is
- Click Upload to upload and restore the selected backup file.
To restore an Exim configuration backup that was previously saved from the server, click the Restore link for the file name of backup that you wish to restore.
The Reset tab allows you to restore Exim's default configuration. To do this, select the type of reset that you wish to perform from the Reset type menu, and click Reset.
Read the description of your chosen reset type carefully. The description appears below the Reset type menu.
- Some Basics about SMTP — This document explains the importance of defining SMTP options in order to protect your bandwidth.
- Configure the Apache SpamAssassin Report_Safe Option — This document explains how to configure the Apache SpamAssassin™ Report_Safe option.
- Scan Outgoing Mail — This document explains how to scan outgoing mail for spam.