For cPanel & WHM 11.44
(Home >> Databases >> PostgreSQL Database Wizard)
This wizard guides you through the setup of a PostgreSQL database, user accounts, and user privileges.
Set up a database
To set up a database, perform the following steps:
In the New Database text box, enter a name for the database.
The maximum length of a database name is 63 characters. If you enable database prefixing, this length includes the database prefix and underscore character (
- Click Create Database.
In the Username text box, enter a name for the user who you wish to allow to manage the database.
The maximum length of a database username is 63 characters. If you enable database prefixing, this length includes the database prefix and underscore character (
Enter and confirm the new password in the appropriate text boxes.
- The system grades the password that you enter on a scale of 100 points. 0 indicates a weak password, while 100 indicates a very secure password.
- Some web hosts require a minimum password strength. A green password Strength meter indicates that you met the required password strength.
- Click Password Generator to generate a strong password. For more information, read our Password Generator documentation.
- Click Create User.
- Review the User and Database names and click Submit.
The system will display a message that states that the database and user account were set up successfully.
After you complete the database setup process, select one of the following options:
- Add another database — Returns to the start of the PostgreSQL Database Wizard. Select this option if you want to add more databases.
Add another PostgreSQL Databases User — Opens the PostgreSQL Databases interface (Home >> Databases >> PostgreSQL Databases), which you can use to create additional user accounts and assign them to a database.
When you use the PostgreSQL Database Wizard to add a user and a database, the system automatically grants the user access to the database. There is no need to use the Add User to Database feature in the PostgreSQL Databases interface (Home >> Databases >> PostgreSQL Databases).
- Return to Home — Returns to the cPanel interface.