For cPanel & WHM 11.44
(Home >> Software >> Module Installers)
Gems are Ruby programs and libraries that Ruby developers distribute in packages that are easy for you to install. The RubyGems.org repository contains many gems by third-party developers in the Ruby programming language.
This interface allows you to manage Ruby gems from the RubyGems.org repository. To manage installed and available Ruby gems, click Manage.
Ruby Gems Magic User Loader
This feature allows users who install Ruby gems to your server in order to integrate them into scripts and not have to specify a separate path to the installed gems.
To enable this option, click Enable. To disable this option, click Disable.
Ruby Gem Installer
This WHM feature allows you to download and install Ruby gems. It provides an interface that lets you search through the central repository known as RubyGems.org (http://rubygems.org/). WHM then returns a list of Ruby gems that match your search criteria, which allows you to click any of the relevant search results to download and install the gem.
To search for and install a Ruby gem, perform the following steps:
- Enter your search criteria into the Search text box.
- To view a list of Ruby gems available from RubyForge, click Show Available Ruby Gem(s).
- If you know the exact name of the gem you wish to install, enter its name in the Install a Ruby Gem text box and click Install Now.
- Click Go.
- The interface will display the Name, Version, Description, and any Actions you may perform.
- To download and automatically install a gem, click Install that corresponds with the gem.
- To view a gem’s documentation, click Show Docs that corresponds to the gem.
- If you did not find the desired gem, refine your search in the Search text box and click Go.
Installed Ruby Gem(s)
The Installed Ruby Gem(s) table displays all gems that are currently installed on your server.
The table displays the Name and Version of each gem, along with four Actions.
- Click Update to update the gem.
- Click Reinstall to reinstall the gem from RubyGems.org.
- Click Uninstall to delete the gem from your server.
- Click Show Docs to review the gem’s documentation.