For cPanel & WHM version 11.50
(Home >> Server Configuration)
The Server Configuration section of WHM allows you to configure your server beyond the settings that you specified with the Initial Setup Wizard interface the first time that you logged in.
- Basic cPanel & WHM Setup — This interface allows you to configure basic options for cPanel & WHM (for example, contact information or nameservers).
- Change Root Password — This interface allows you to change your server's
rootpassword without the old
- Configure cPanel Cron Jobs — This interface allows you to configure cron jobs for cPanel & WHM updates and backups.
CloudLinux LVE Manager — This interface displays CPU usage, memory usage, and entry processes information for accounts that your server hosts. For more information, read CloudLinux's™ LVE Manager documentation.
Initial Quota Setup — This interface scans your server to confirm that it uses disk quotas on the directories in which your cPanel users store their files.
Servers that run CentOS 7 with the XFS® filesystem require additional actions for quotas to function properly:
- After you enable quotas in WHM's Initial Setup Wizard interface, and the system performs the necessary configuration changes, a button appears in the top right corner of the WHM interface.
- You must click this button to reboot the system.
- After the system reboots, a quota scan runs in the background to complete the process.
If you have enabled Quota System Administration notifications, the system sends notifications both when it is ready to reboot, and when the quotas are functional after the scan finishes.
Server Time — This interface allows you to set your server's time zone and synchronize its time with the time server.
Your server's time must synchronize with the time server for your cPanel license to work.
- Statistics Software Configuration — This interface allows you to view information about your server’s statistics and statistics software.
- Tweak Settings — This interface allows you to configure settings for cPanel, WHM, and the associated services.
- Update Preferences — This interface allows you to define an update configuration for cPanel & WHM. For example, specify whether you want to update your server automatically or manually.