For cPanel & WHM version 11.50
(Home >> Service Configuration)
This section of WHM allows you to configure a number of services. Services generally run as daemons in the background of your web server. Daemons often appear as processes with names that end in
d. For example,
sshd is the name of the SSH application daemon.
- Apache Configuration — This collection of interfaces allows you to configure Apache. Apache acts as your web server software and handles HTTP requests.
- Bandmin Password — Bandmin is a set of Perl scripts that monitor and log bandwidth usage for IP addresses. To access Bandmin, enter
www.example.com/bandwidth in your browser, where
example.com represents your domain name.
- Configure PHP and suEXEC — This interface allows you to change Apache’s PHP handler configuration and PHP version, and to enable or disable the suEXEC program.
- Exim Configuration Manager — This set of interfaces allows you to configure Exim. Exim is a mail transfer agent. Mail transfer agents send and receive email messages.
- FTP Server Selection — This interface allows you to select an FTP server daemon to use, or to disable FTP.
- Mailserver Configuration — This set of interfaces allows you to configure the POP3 and IMAP protocols that Courier and Dovecot use.
- Mailserver Selection — This interface allows you to choose whether to enable Courier or Dovecot as your mail server. Additionally, you may disable IMAP and POP3 servers.
- Manage Service SSL Certificates — This interface allows you to install new certificates to your web server, or to reset your server’s certifications (clear the certificates).
- PHP Configuration Editor — This interface allows you to configure your PHP settings. PHP is a scripting language that accepts code as input to generate web pages. cPanel users can view these settings in cPanel’s PHP Configuration interface (Home >> Software and Services >> PHP Configuration).
- Service Manager — This interface displays a list of daemons that can run on your server, and allows you to select which daemons you wish to enable and monitor.