For cPanel & WHM version 58
(Home >> cPanel >> Manage cPAddons Site Software)
The Manage cPAddons Site Software interface allows you to upgrade or uninstall individual installations of cPAddon software.
If you enable cPAddon moderation, users cannot install or update the specified cPAddons without your approval. To turn on moderation for cPAddons, enable the cPAddons Site Software moderation notification option in WHM's Tweak Settings interface (Home >> Server Configuration >> Tweak Settings).
To specify which cPAddons require moderation, select the checkboxes that correspond to the cPAddons that you wish to moderate and click Update Moderation.
Search for cPAddons
To search for cPAddons, perform the following steps:
- Next to Show, select one of the following options to specify the type of cPAddons that you wish to view:
- All Outdated Installations — WHM displays all out-of-date cPAddon scripts.
Orphaned Installations — WHM displays all cPAddons that you cannot upgrade because the link between the cPAddon in WHM and its copy in cPanel is either broken or not upgradable.
Orphaned installations result from any of the following actions:
- If you remove the cPAddon from the Install cPAddons Site Software interface.
- If you remove the cPAddon via the file system rather than via cPanel & WHM.
- If you manually move the
/.cpaddonsdirectory to another location.
- If you make manual revisions to the cPaddon's
- If you make manual updates to the cPAddon in WHM's Manage cPAddons Site Software interface (Home >> cPanel >> Manage cPAddons Site Software) after you install the cPAddon in cPanel's Site Software interface (Home >> Software >> Site Software).
- All Installations — WHM displays all installed cPAddons.
- Select the user whose cPAddons you wish to view, or select All Users.
- Click Manage. WHM then displays each cPAddon that matches your search criteria, along with the user, latest version available, and currently installed version.
- Click Currently installed in WHM to use the Install cPAddons interface to view, install, and update the cPAddons that your users can access.
Approve a moderation request and install a cPAddon
The Manage cPAddons Site Software interface displays any pending installation requests at the top of the interface in the Pending Moderation Requests section.
To approve a site software moderation request and install a cPAddon, click the name of the module inside of that section.
Force update outdated cPAddons
To force any outdated cPAddons to update, perform the following steps:
- From the second menu, select Upgrade all installs that need it.
- Select the user for whom you wish to apply the upgrade. Select All Users to upgrade the installation for all users.
- Click Go.
Uninstall deprecated cPAddons
To uninstall deprecated cPAddons, perform the following steps:
- From the second menu, select Uninstall All Orphaned Installations.
- Select the user for whom you wish to uninstall the cPAddons, or select All Users and click Go.
- On the next page, click Yes I am sure I want to do this to confirm that you wish to uninstall the deprecated cPAddons.
cPAddon data after deletion
When you remove a cPAddon, WHM also removes its data.
- If the cPAddon created the database, and no other cPAddons use it, WHM removes the database entirely. This includes any tables that users created.
- If the cPAddon that you remove did not create the database, or if another cPAddon currently uses that database, WHM only removes the tables that correspond to that cPAddon. This can lead to an empty database on the server.
We recommend that you delete any other cPAddons that share a database before you delete the cPAddon that initially created the database. If you delete the cPAddon that created the database first, an empty database will remain on the server.
Use cPanel's MySQL Databases interface (Home >> Databases >> MySQL Databases) to manually delete empty cPAddon databases.