For cPanel & WHM version 58
(Home >> System Reboot)
This interface allows you to reboot your system. The events that make a reboot necessary determine the method that you should select.
- We recommend that you only reboot your server to troubleshoot an issue that occurs when you start your server or when you disable SELinux.
- We strongly recommend that you use the Graceful Reboot method rather than the Forceful Reboot method, because a Forceful Reboot can cause data loss.
The Graceful Reboot method (Home >> System Reboot >> Graceful Server Reboot) allows the server to close any user-level processes and then store their data before the reboot.
To begin this process, navigate to the Graceful Server Reboot interface and click Proceed.
- This method does not result in data loss.
- We strongly recommend that you use this method whenever possible.
The Forceful Reboot method (Home >> System Reboot >> Forceful Server Reboot) shuts down your server, regardless of any error or errors that the server encounters.
To begin this process, navigate to the Forceful Server Reboot interface and click Proceed.
- We recommend that you reboot your system with this method instead of with the physical reset switch (a hard reset).