Change your password
To change your password, perform the following steps:
- Click Password & Security in the user menu.
- Enter the desired information and click Change.
Create a strong password
To keep your account safe, here are a few tips on how to create a strong password:
- Use a different password for each of your important accounts, like your email accounts.
- Use a combination of letters, numbers, and symbols in your password.
Your system administrator may allow users to access cPanel with external authentication credentials, such as cPanelID, WHMCS, Google Accounts, Facebook, or your hosting provider's portal. This allows you to reduce the number of passwords that you need to remember.
The External Authentication tab of the Password & Security interface lists the credentials for OpenID Connect-compliant identity providers that you can use to log in to cPanel and Webmail.
You can also use this interface to link new credentials or unlink existing credentials.
- This section only appears if the server administrator has configured at least one external authentication module.
- This interface only displays the external authentication identity providers that your hosting provider selects in WHM's Manage External Authentications interface (Home >> Security Center >> Manage External Authentications).
- Most identity providers allow you to register for an account as part of the authentication process.
- Your cPanelID is the same username and password that you use for the cPanel Store, the cPanel Tickets system, and the Manage2 billing system. If you do not already own a cPanelID, you can register for one during the authentication process.
You can link one or more external accounts to one or more cPanel accounts, WHM accounts, or Webmail accounts.
- If you link to an external account through an identity provider that has two-factor authentication enabled, you must also authenticate through that identity provider in addition to any two-factor authentication that you configure on your server.
To link your cPanel or Webmail account to credentials at an external authentication identity provider, perform the following steps:
- Click the External Authentication tab.
- Click Link Account next to the name of the appropriate identity provider. A new login interface will appear for that identity provider.
- Enter the requested username, password, and other credentials for that identity provider.
- If you are currently logged in to that identity provider, the interface will skip this step.
- Confirm that you wish to allow the provider to link to your cPanel or Webmail account.
- Confirm that you wish to link your cPanel account to the provider's authentication credentials.
Unlink your account
To unlink external authentication identity provider credentials from your account, click Unlink Account next to the appropriate account.
A new interface will appear that asks you to confirm that you wish to unlink your account.
Change the language
You can choose a new language setting for your cPanel interface. This change sets a cookie in your browser that expires after one year. You will need to perform this step each time that you log in to webmail from a new browser, whenever you delete cookies, and after the cookie expires.
To change your cPanel interface's language, perform the following steps:
- In your user menu, click Change Language .
- Select the language that you wish to use from the Select a language menu.
Click Change. The interface will refresh in the new selected language.
- If your browser's
Accept-Languageheader is set, the login interface will attempt to display the locale that corresponds to your browser setting. If the locale that the browser's header requests is not available, the login interface will appear in English.
- The ☃ cPanel Snowmen ☃ - i_cpanel_snowmen locale is not for general use. Theme customizers and third-party developers can use this locale to test cPanel & WHM's localization system against their customizations. For more information, or for help if you selected this theme accidentally, read our The Snowman Locale documentation.
Change the style
To change your interface style, perform the following steps:
- In your user menu, click Change Style.
Select your desired style.
Click Apply. The interface will refresh in the new selected style.
If you are a reseller and wish to customize a style, read our Guide to cPanel Interface Customization - cPanel Style Development documentation.
Change your contact information
To change your contact information, perform the following steps:
- In your user menu, click Contact Information.
- Enter the desired information.
To use the Reset Password feature, you must set your contact email address.
Reset your cPanel interface settings
To reset your cPanel interface settings to the default values and appearance, click Reset Page Settings in your user menu. The cPanel interface will expand any collapsed section boxes and will restore the section boxes to their default order.