- We enable quotas by default on new installations.
- If you disable and then reenable quotas, servers that use the XFS® filesystem and run CentOS 7, CloudLinux™ 7, or Red Hat® Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 7 require additional actions for quotas to function properly:
- WHM Interface — Use WHM's Initial Quota Setup interface (WHM >> Home >> Server Configuration >> Initial Quota Setup) to configure quotas.
- Command Line — Run the
/scripts/fixquotasscript and then reboot the server.
- Manually via the Command Line — For instructions on how to perform the
/usr/local/cpanel/scripts/fixquotasscript's actions manually, read the Red Hat XFS and XFS Quota Management documentation.
- If you have enabled Quota System Administration notifications, the system sends notifications when it is ready to reboot and when the quota scan finishes and quotas are functional.
- CloudLinux 7 updates may break quotas. For this reason, after each CloudLinux 7 update, you must run the
/usr/local/cpanel/scripts/fixquotasscript and then reboot the server.