To install cPanel & WHM on your server, run the following command:
cd /home && curl -o latest -L https://securedownloads.cpanel.net/latest && sh latest
This command changes your session to the
home directory, downloads the latest version of cPanel & WHM, and runs the installation script.
We recommend that you run the installation command within a Linux screen session.
screen command allows you to create a shell session that will stay active through a network disruption.
- To determine whether your operating system contains screen and it exists in your path, run the
which screen command.
- The system will return
screen exists on your system and whether it exists in your path.
- If your system does not contain screen, you can install it with the
yum install screen command.
- To run a screen session, enter the
screen command. Then, run the installation command.
- If your session disconnects for some reason, log back in to your server and run the
screen -r command. This will reconnect you to your screen session.
- cPanel, L.L.C. designs software for commercial hosting. Therefore, we only license publicly visible, static IP addresses. We do not license dynamic, reserved, sticky, or internal IP addresses.
- We do not provide an uninstaller. If you wish to remove our software, you must reformat the server.
- Only install cPanel & WHM on a freshly-installed operating system.
- You must log in to the server as the
root user in order to install cPanel & WHM. If you do not possess
root-level access, contact your system administrator or hosting provider for assistance.
- We recommend that you use the cPanel & WHM installer, which installs all of the services that it requires. If you install services before you install cPanel & WHM, you will encounter compatibility issues.
- New installations of cPanel & WHM default to the fast installation mode. To disable the fast installation mode, use the steps in our Customize Your Installation documentation.